RE: Anonymous Proftp setup problems

Nate, thank you for this response,

I am behind my router's firewall, but set up with static external and
internal IPs:

In Proftp (global) I Set up:
UseReverseDNS	off
IdentLookups	off
MasqueradeAddress	000.000.000.00 of the servers internal IP
PassivePorts 60000-65535

and set up my router to listen on 21 and 60000-65535

and I still get timed out:

COMMAND:>	PASV
		227 Entering Passive Mode (internal.server.ip.no,251,62).
COMMAND:>	LIST
STATUS:>  	Connecting ftp data socket internal.server.ip.no:64318...
ERROR:>   	Timeout.

I did #fuser -n tcp 21 and got:
21/tcp:	230

I really don't know what that means. I do not have a user 230

I also did netstat -an | grep 21 and got a bunch of stuff, but didn't see
anything that rang any bells. But here too I really do not know what I am
looking for.

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org