Re: OT: e-mail question

High,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Rodney Green wrote:

> Hello! Does anyone know of a mail server package that allows user
> accounts to be the same as the e-mail address? So, user@domain.com would
> both be the e-mail address and the username to download mail.
>
> Thanks, Rod
erm, sorry if I misunderstand the question, but isn't that the standard?

If I log in on the console as 'user' with 'mypass', the default is that
someone can send mail to user@domain.com (if the mailserver allows it,
that is) and when installing a simple pop3 client, it is the same story.

What am I missing here?

Greetz,
Sebastiaan

--
  NT is the OS of the future. The main engine is the 16-bit Subsystem
  (also called MS-DOS Subsystem). Above that, there is the windoze 95/98