Re: refreshing wmaker screen

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 08:18:56PM -0500, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> > I am grabbing images from NWS and putting
> > them on my desktop background.  Is there
> > a command I can insert in .xinitrc or somewhere
> > else that will refresh (restart in the menu)
> > the screen so that it will update the images
> > every 30 minutes or so?
>
> You could setup a cron job to fetch the image every 30 minutes using
> wget, then update the background using xli or imagemagick or whatever.

Here is my current setup in cron:

0,30 * * * * wget http://weather.srh.noaa.gov/radar/images/rad_us.gif -O
    /home/lance/weather/rad_us.gif
2,32 * * * * wmsetbg -display :0.0 -e ~/weather/rad_us.gif -w 2

Seems like this should update but it doesn't.  How would I use imagemagick
to update the image?

Lance