Re: cd writing on Debian

High,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Paul Lewis wrote:

> I would like to install cdtoaster / cdroast to burn CDs, but whenever I
> try to 'apt-get install cdroast' it reports no such package. Trying
AFAIK, the package is called xcdroast.

> 'cdrecord' tells me there are unmet dependencies.
>
> liblircclient0, libunicode0, libzvbi-0.1
>
> trying to retrieve these by themsleves takes me into a circular
> dependency loop. What package do I need to recover these libraries and
> ultimately set up CDRoast on my machine?

Strange. Try apt-get install -f several times, then retry installing
cdrecord. If it failes again, try to install it all manually:
apt-get install cdrecord liblircclient0 libunicode0 libzvbi-0.1

If that fails again, try downloading the packages manually and use dpkg:
dpkg -i cdrecord liblircclient0 libunicode0 libzvbi-0.1

However, a bug report should be filed if you have to take actions like
this.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan