Re: Mutt/locale question: charset=unknown-8bit causing problems for some MUAs?

Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> [2002-10-22 12:45:40 -0400]:
> I highly suspect Outlook is puking on PGP - none of my friends who use
> it can read my emails without trouble, so I have put:
> send-hook "@aol.com" set pgp_autosign=no
> and similar lines for the people who use Outlook.

While that may be true in some cases it is not true all of the time.
I have confirmed with a coworker here that I can send mutt gpg signed
emails (just like this one) and they can read it with no trouble.
They see just a little diddle top and bottom and can't verify the
signature.  But they see the plain text of the message fine.  The
display looks reasonable.

This is not to dispute that Outlook is not causing problems munging
mail for you or at other times.  Just that it is not doing it all of
the time because I have one datapoint that shows it working okay.  So
perhaps only most of the time or something.  :-)

Bob