Re: Make Debian better (Re: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot)

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 08:59:11PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I assumed it was a given that a maintainer asking a bug submitter to
> take such an active role would provide such guidance as needed.

That's my understanding, too.  And only one or two maintainers that
I've run into seem to follow this concept, as well.  If it's not
already a standardized process, it should be, if only for the sake of
good customer service.  Let the maintainer clarify the bug, then
upstream gets a really awesome bug report.  It's not like there isn't
a conversation log at b.d.o if anybody needs to refer back to it.

--
Baloo