Re: Make Debian better (Re: Two Debian 3.0 reviews at Slashdot)

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 05:35:45PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I don't see why...it takes a few seconds to pass on a bug.
>
> If it only takes a few seconds, then why do you object to being asked to
> do it yourself? ;)

Because frequently the developer knows what's expected out of the
other BTS's community and how that BTS works.  My understanding is one
of the functions of the developers is to act as an embassador between
the Debian users and the upstream community.

Plus, users reporting bugs do Debian (and the upstream maintainers) a
favor, why make the users jump through *more* hoops?

--
Baloo