Re: potato to woody upgrade problem

D.U. said:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 08:26:09AM -0400, levi.waldron@utoronto.ca wrote:

> If I comment out eepro from /etc/modules, my box boots up under the  2.4
> kernels and I can log in. An odd thing I just noticed is there are no
> modules loaded at all. However, I can insmod eepro if I
> give it the IRQ and IO port on the commandline, but it locks up dead when
> I do an "ifup eth0". I have to hit reset to reboot, if I hit
> capslock or numlock, the lights on the keyboard do not change.

looks like you found the problem then :)

I'm not sure if the stock 2.4.x kernel has it but there is another
module for the eepro called the e100 module which is from intel. I think
it is included in the 2.4.x tree, try it out 'modprobe e100'. another
thing may be to try to compile another version of the driver, the official
site for the eepro driver is here:
http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.html

theres also mailing list and stuff there too, I reccomend posting
there, I used to be on the list, donald becker is quite helpful to
posters. Also you can try to grab the diagnostics program and run it
on your card as well.

all my systems run 2.2.19..

nate