Re: Need your help,plse?

Cyberthor wrote:

*Hello

Let you know that my pure modem <usrobotic 56k v90 big pci card , so soundblaster bit16 sat on one isa slot , anyway modem with ttyS2 already detected includes bauds but wvdial at text edit said * modem initialized but configuration does not specify a valid phone number , too login name and password ? anyway i tired with ln -sf /dev/port/dev/modem then hit and there's no repsond then back : lynx:/home /........# , thank , Cyber

I don't know much about PCI modems, since I have never used one.

Several models of the USRobotics PCI modems are listed as "OK" in the modem database at: http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/pci_list.html. You might want to look up your specific model there to confirm it is a "true" modem.

A couple of interesting links that might directly help you is:

http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~comech/tools/PCImodems.html
http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

These sites gives you a generic method to set up the "true" PCI modems. You should be able to adapt the principles used to your situation.

Some "winmodem" models can be made to work with Linux too, depending upon the chipset used. There is a great deal of information about these at the following two sites:

http://linmodems.org/
http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I am afraid your problem is beyond my capabilities.

Good Luck!
-Don Spoon-