Re: Lighter window managers

On Monday 21 October 2002 12:23 pm, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 12:30:32PM -0400, Chip Rose wrote:
> > As much as I like Blackbox, I still miss KDE because of the ability to
> > "lock" the screen by clicking the padlock button at lower right.  I never
> > leave my terminal for a moment without locking it - it's easier than
> > logging completely out - I use the lockout feature constantly, and
> > haven't seen it in lighter window managers.
>
> Use xscreensaver, it has a lock feature.
-----
Ok - I remember using it several years ago, but it would lock up my *entire*
computer.  I also had this problem with any screensaver, as well as when I
logged out completely and let my screen sit at the kdm login gui.  Maybe it
was just a Redhat/Mandrake thing (no barb intended!) - I'll give it another
go now that I'm using Debian, which had more stable apps.  Thanks!