cross platform development

Hi,

following the game development thread made me think on crossplatform
programming (linux and windows for instance).
For instance, if one was going to make a project that runs on both platforms and
can be worked on from both platforms, and you don't want to use java and
revert to c++, how could you accomplish such a thing?

Tools:
-Version control: CVS works on both platforms so this isn't an issue.
-IDE: I can't think of an ide that is crossplatform. A free one for windows is
 Dev-C++. A don't know of a good one under linux since i haven't used linux
 yet to develop c++ code in.

Source code:
-The gui library used would have to be crossplatform. The one i've looked at so
 far is wxWindows. Other good ones?

I'm just wondering if this is feasable both for business applications and games.
Anybody working on such a project?