Re: which half are you in?

dave mallery wrote:

> hi list!
>
> there's a saying that all people are in two groups:
>
> those who have done an rm -R * in root
> and those who have not done it yet.
>
> last evening, i joined the former group after six years of linux and a
> lifetime of computing...

It takes a bit of conditioning of your habits to avoid
these kinds of errors. I've never been locked out of my
car because i *know* that it would happen if i didn't
always lock the door with the key.

Likewise, when doing a recursive delete of directories
as root, always do "pwd" or "ls -al" if your path isn't
displayed in the prompt. Another way is to do the delete
from midnight commander where you can see everything.