Re: True type font?

on Sun, Oct 20, 2002, Q. Gong (q.gong@tue.nl) wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a true type font newbie question. I am using Debian Woody. In order
> to use some true type fonts under /usr/share/fonts/truetype/, xfstt must
> be running. Is it right?

No.  Not for XFree86 v4, which has built-in TT support.

> Any other methods possible? Thanks.

Read:

    TrueType Fonts with XFree86 4.0.x mini-HOWTO
    http://tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/TT-XFree86.html

It's a two-page HOWTO.  The procedure's on the second page.  Could
hardly be easier.

Note the confusion that may result from there being a "Debian TT Font
HOWTO" and a "Font HOWTO".  The document linked above is the one you
want.

Peace.

   NextDraft:  Your Dinner Party Prep:  http://www.nextdraft.com/