Re: wysiwyg html editor

on Sat, Oct 12, 2002, Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.dyndns.org) wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 01:08:31PM +1000, Russell wrote:
> > I've tried doing html manually, but the main problem i've had
> > is visuallizing how tables within tables ends up looking. Is
> > there a trick to this? Is it just a matter of previewing the
> > page after every few edits?
>
> Do that for sanity, anyway.  I would also strongly advise you to make
> sure what you're writing is actually HTML and run it through the W3's
> validator.  http://validator.w3.org/  They wrote the standard, if you
> create HTML, you play by thier rules.  8:o)

   $ apt-get install tidy
   $ man tidy
   $ lynx -source -dump http://www.debian.org | tidy -

...note that tidy will read from a file (or stdin) but not from a URL,
hence the lynx dump.

BTW, Debian's homepage validates perfectly.

Peace.

   TWikIWeThey: Technology, free software, GNU/Linux, and a little bit
   of everything else:  http://twiki.iwethey.org/