Re: lousy browsers

On Saturday 19 October 2002 22:53, Jim McCloskey wrote:

> This is more of a moan than a question, but my questions (such as they
> are), I suppose, are these:
>
>  . are there any other tricks I could have pulled to regain access to
>    the console and the keyboard, short of the Windows-like last resort
>    of rebooting? Happily, there were no other users on at the time,
>    but that was pure luck.

as you describe it, not likely.  X is the weak link.  If it gets thrashed it
eats the keyboard and without a keyboard -- bye bye.

>  . are there any browsers out there that don't give rise to this sort
>    of problem? I maintain 6 Debian machines here (about to add a
>    seventh) and ill-behaved browsers are the source of most of the
>    problems, complaints and lockups I have to deal with.

I use Konqueror 90% of the time these days and have Mozilla installed for the
occasional "how does this look elsewhere" stuff as well as user complaints (I
maintain a window manager and Mozilla is like my #2 source of bugs).  Konq
has yet to cause me a problem as you described.