Re: Anti-virus for Linux at an ISP

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:27:27 +0000
Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <baptista@linuxsolutions.com.br>
wrote:

> 	Hi Jamin,
> 	is Open Antivirus mature enough? Like other comercial AV.
> 	TIA,		Paulo Henrique
> Em Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:12:40 -0500

Hello,
I am by no means a virus expert but I am still subscribed to the open
antivirus mailing list and exchanged some emails with one of the
developers because of a recent infection. The deal is this:even the
developers say that open antivirus is a work in progress at a early
stage and should not used as the only means of prevention. On the
mailing list was a discussion about polymorph viruses and the inability
of open antivirus to detect them - whatever that might be. Altogether
this doesn't sound like a viable solution for a provider. You might want
to check with their mailing list - it's at sourceforge. Just look up
open antivirus and subscribe to the list - the guys there are very
helpful.

Prost,

Klaus