Mondo on Debian 3.0 (Was Re: EVMS vs. LVM)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 11:01:07 -0400, nuk wrote:
> > But I noticed that Debian does support EVMS.  Is it a 'superset' of the
> > features of LVM, or what?
>
> Mostly yes. For example, EMVS includes compatibility with Linux LVM volume
> groups and logical volumes. You can find documentation on EMVS at
> http://evms.sourceforge.net/ .

Cool.  That sounds like what I want/need, then.  I've been browsing the
EVMS site, and looking thru the documents.  I must say the Comparison
chart is impressive, if everything works as advertised.

I guess the last remaining hangup/gotcha for me is mondo.  I use mondo to
back up the critical system files on my small server to CDRW, so I can pop
them in and do a more or less bare-metal recover if needed.  I know mondo
works w/ RedHat 7.3, and w/ LVM.  I've been looking at the mondo site, and
see no mention of EVMS anywhere.  And it sounds like it is kind of iffy
under Debian 3.0 at the moment.  Not a good sign.

Anyone out there running mondo on Debian 3.0, w/ or w/o EVMS (preferably
w/)?

TIA,

nuk

--
"It is the American vice, the democratic disease which expresses its
tyranny by reducing everything unique to the level of the herd."

Henry Miller, American author, 1947