Re: Keyboard and mouse don't work at all in login window after newinstall

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 10:20:37PM -0700, J Fields wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
> I have LILO in MBR but, it does not have a prompt
> and does not repond to my typing
> and seems to just start booting from hard disk.

Taken from /usr/share/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz:

  The boot prompt
  ===============

  Immediately after it's loaded, LILO checks whether one of the
  following is happenning:

    - any of the [Shift], [Control] or [Alt] keys is pressed.
    - [CapsLock] or [ScrollLock] is set.

  If this is the case, LILO displays the boot: prompt and waits for the
  name of a boot image (i.e. Linux kernel or other operating system).

Did you try any of this to get a prompt?

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com