Re: What's the best music sharing/downloading software for linux

 Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:

Rob Weir wrote:

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 01:01:47PM +0200, Mathias De Belder wrote:

And as others have already pointed out: giFT is a project that's just
starting out, you should keep your eye on that one too for the future.

Is giFT packaged anywhere?  I found some packages for giFT-curs (a
curses frontend), but none for giFT itself.

-rob

oh! where did you get giFT curs packages? can i use them on my debian woody 3.0? i will like to give it a try. i am really missing kazaa lite on linux.

thanx

-sandip

giFTcurs is only the client. You need to run the server (giFT) as well. The server is updated constantly! You really need to use CVS. I kept the same version for a week and got messages asking me to upgrade to the newer version.

The install is pretty straight forward though.

I'm currently running a server, that is accessible to all (not a very good idea, you won't be
able to share files...).
If anyone in this group is interested, you are free to try it out to get an idea of what giFT is like. (hopefully your downloads won't end up on my computer and vice-versa :)
the server is server.crasseux.com

Search for family guy, there's always a bunch of episodes.

Here's the giftcurse website (notice the nice deb package):
http://giftcurs.sourceforge.net/#download

Bijan