Re: Terminal like server for linux

On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 04:38, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> I know of a company, where users can access their desktops (apps)
> through any web interface.  The office is totally debian.  So, what I
> want to know, is what application(s) are there that make that possible?

I set up a system just like this for a company.

It uses TightVNC. They have a central server that serves KDE desktops to
about 100 simultaneous users, spread out over a LAN, a WAN and even some
VPN connections. If a connection gets broken they can resume their work
with no loss.

They normally access the desktops via dedicated clients on their
machines (TightVNC tunnelled over SSL), but the web option is there for
them when they are at a kiosk or something.

Kind Regards
Crispin Wellington