Re: 0dns-down changing resolv.conf at boot

This one time, at band camp, Carl-Anders Fogelin said:
> I have tried to edit my resolv.conf to include a new nameserver, but
> everytime i reboot it gets copied over by the default file. Why is
> this ? Am i right to think that the PPP-script 0dns-down is
> responible?  How can i correct this ?

Kind of - it's not that script, but DHCP does the same thing.  You could
make a script that runs later than all the networking DHCP stuff that
just does `echo <new.nameserver> >> /etc/resolv.conf`, just as a thought.

Steve

--
In a medium in which a News Piece takes a minute and an "In-Depth"
Piece takes two minutes, the Simple will drive out the Complex.