Re: expired gpg keys

* Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.dyndns.org) [021017 03:02]:
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 12:50:05AM -0700, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> > Even better would be that gpg could re-fetch keys every so often even if
> > they haven't expired, to get new signatures, revocations, etc.  That's
> > probably a worthy wishlist item.
>
> This has already happened.  Please bugview gnupg.

I figured; which is why I didn't go and file it (and I figured that
Martin has the sense to check the existing bugs before filing a new
one).  I usually keep up-to-date with a little loop I run manually every
so often:

gpg --list-keys | grep '^pub' | cut -b 12-19 | xargs gpg --recv-key

That gets new signatures for every key already on my ring.  Doesn't do
anything for the problem of other people not updating their rings with
my key's new signatures on it, though...

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/