Re: OT: Programming books

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:30:52PM -0500, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:
> Yeah I would like to see a Debian Gamers Group. It could have its own
> mailing list.

I would like to help set something like this up, but I have no idea how
to go about making it an official Debian list or even if there is enough
interest to bother doing it.

> I have some experience but it is mostly hobby stuff. I made a Pacman
> clone in QBasic in 1998, and had a few games on the Apple II c+.
> Again, nothing major, but making games in Linux is something I would
> like to do.

You have more experience than I do then!  Hopefully I'll be able to have
the Odyssey clone working within a year then I can finally say I wrote a
game.

--
Jason Stechschulte
stech@ypisco.com