Re: ssh error message

> Hi all!
>
> I am trying to connect to a machine via the internet using ssh
> and I am getting this error when ssh finally times out.
>

> Disconnecting: Bad Packet length 1349676916

This indicates to me incompadible SSH versions between the
client and server. I've only had this message when this was
the case(and haven't seen it in over 2 years). telnet to the
host on port 22 and see what version of SSH it's using and
run ssh -V on the client and compare..

you can also try forcing a different protocol, e.g. ssh -1 will
force protocol 1, ssh -2 will force protocol 2

nate