Re: Minimal Install and Citrix

> Hi
>
> does anyone have any pointers with regards to installing a very small
> Debian
> Linux footprint that will automatically login, in X Windows, and start an
> ICA client? I would also like to be able to quickly install this setup,
> once
> it is working, to other PC's.
>
> regards
>
> Warren

I just can tell you. Its not that easy. I made here a large enviroment with
Linux Citrix Clients. U
have to consider MANY security issues and the Linux ICA Client has some ugly
bugs.

U get a little Debian if u install nothing after basic installation :-))

For the autologin:
Write a init script wich is executed as the last one:

#!bin/bash

su - autologin

in the autologin homedrive ".bash_profile" add something like this

if [ `tty` = "/dev/tty0" ]
then
	startx
	logout
fi

this will prevent the init process to terminate wich means the X is running
on TTY2 and tty1 is not
accesible by the user. When u end X the init process will terminate and u'll
get the consoles as
usual.

If u want the init process to terminate and bring u your consoles then u
have to execute "exec
startx" instead of "startx".

Have fun :-)

cheers,