Kernel parameters

Hi ,
I have searched the maillist archive but found nothing.
Where can I find documentation about kernel parameters?Especially for those
under /proc/sys/fs , vm and kernel.
What I want to do is , lowering the filesystem cache rate, so the Oracle
Databases (over 20 instances) may allocate more memory.I have the feeling
the OS doesn't give back cached memory back when asked, because I am getting
memory errors from Oracle.
What parameters should I change in order to achieve this.
host1:/proc/sys/fs# free -tm
Mem:          1515       1506          8          0         35       1328
-/+ buffers/cache:        142       1372
Swap:         1953         21       1931
Total:        3468       1528       1940

Thanks...

Murat YILDIZ