Re: OpenOffice

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 08:33:25PM -0700, Patrick Lane wrote:
> Recently, all of my OpenOffice applications seem to have lost their
> fonts. What I mean by this, is that all text in the applications is
> missing. Menu text, text typed in by a user...ALL TEXT. It's odd. This
> happened a couple of days ago and I'm just now getting around to trying
> to fix it.

This will have happened last time you upgraded msttcorefonts.  Does this
work for you?

- Make sure the package x-ttcidfont-conf is installed
- In /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, section "Files":
Comment out this line:

# FontPath        "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType/"

Add this line if you don't already have it:
  FontPath        "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"

- Restart your X server.

For for information, see the bug reports for msttcorefonts.

Chris