Re: Palm & pi_bind (????)

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 07:10:45AM -0000, vdemart@supereva.it wrote:
> I've restored my woody installation (which included a working jpilot through the irda device of my portable as /dev/ircomm0) to move from ext2 to reiserfs.
> Now, syncing my Palm with jpilot on  /dev/ircomm0 (it works via minicom, I can connect to my provider!), it doesn't work any longer and the following message pops up:
>
> Syncing on device /dev/ircomm0
> Press the HotSync button now
> **************************
> pi_bind invalid argument
> check your serial port and settings
> exiting status -10

I get a similar problem with USB syncing, devfs doesn't seem to grok
the existance of the pilot even with all the right modules installed.

Sometimes, but not always, removing the modules and re-inserting them
works, but this is bloody time consuming and something I'd rather not
do all the time just to keep a good backup of my palm...what to do?

--
Baloo