Re: kernel need to be reconfigured for Zip drive ?

Hello, I finally got it to work ... by enable  SCSI disk support on the
kernel (sr_mod), then the device becomes /dev/sda4.  I never thought of
this since the drive I have is not SCSI.  I did try to recompile kernel
with ide-floppy but same result, it doesn't work either.  Now that it
works .. I am happy.  Thanks for all your inputs.

This is a weird behavior because I have another zip drive and it works
without any addition work on another machine.  Must be different models
or soemthing.