Re: Info on Permissions

for a free one just try
$info ls
and
$info chmod
they contain a lot of information; unfortunately not on what the
effects of what you do are, but it is a starting point and you can then
look up terms you don't understand on google or other search engine.
Other than that just about any basic *nix system admin book should
cover permissions in the first 3 Chapters somewhere!

Shawn

--- lameth <lameth@comcast.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have a link for a How-to on permissions. I understand the
>
> need for them and the idea behind them but what I want is a
> "Everything
> you wanted to know about permissions but were afraid to ask" type
> document. Coming from windows I find myself woefully ignorant on this
>
> subject.
>

> --

=====
Shawn Lamson
Debian/GNU Linux Woody
Kernel 2.2.19pre17
XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
Jesus Loves You!