Re: p2p programs

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 02:52:40 +0200
Gytis <gytis@tainet.lt> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> So , could all of you share your opinions about p2p software under
> linux? I'm interested in kazaa and winmx networks ( edonkey for me
> works fine under mldonkey). I used lopster as an alternative to winmx,
> but now it can't get conected to winmx redirect servers,  and normal
> winmx server give me an Server error ( winmx fixed something ?).  And
> as for kazaa i haven't found any working program ? ( smthng mentioned
> in mldonkey cvs but ...).
>
> Thanx for your time

To expand on this (yes, I know the thread was just covered but I didn't
see an answer to something I was wondering in that thread).

Are there any linux p2p clients that multithread downloads the way KaZaa
does on a win platform. Ie. find 6 or 8 different sources for an
identical file and download a small piece from each server, effectively
increasing download speed to the max your inbound pipe can handle. I use
qtella right now but even if there are 10 different sources for a file
that all match (name/size/etc.) it only downloads from the one source
you direct it to.

gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)
LifeSaver (1974 Bay Window Bus)
http://www.phorce1.com