Re: 3.0:Switching Video Card Drivers

nate wrote:

Scott Henson said:

NO!!!!

If you do it this way the next time you upgrade xfree86 your changes will
get over written.  It is safer to use the debconf interface to do it.

I hope not.. I've been running woody for over a year and have gone
through several X upgrades, and the upgrades NEVER touched my config(which
is quite specific, I'd notice it in an instant if it got overwritten)

nate

During the setup of Xfree86 debconf asks if it should manage your conf files
for you. If you say no, it will leave you alone. On the other hand if you say
yes, it MIGHT overwrite changes you make manually.

Bijan