From: deFreese, Barry [mailto:Barry.deFreese@nike.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 1:24 PM
To: 'debian-user@lists.debian.org'
Subject: Newbie question - Serial Ports

Hello,

I finally got the ecpa driver for my 8 port Digi board to compile and run.
It created the 8 serial devices ttyD000 through ttyD007.  I have a modem on
port 1 and port 1 or ttyD000 and ttyD001.  I installed minicom to see if I
could shoot some AT commands to them just to test and I get nada.  If I run
stty /dev/ttyD000 -a I do get a bunch of output including the buad rate
(9600), however most of the other output I don't understand.

Is there a good utility to "test" a serial port and also see how it is
configured?  The digi driver was supposed to build dpa and ditty, two
specific programs for the digiboards but neither was built and I cannot get
them to compile seperately.

Any ideas?

Thank you!!

Barry deFreese
NTS Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell