Re: [OT]: Sort-of. What's the best way to "contribute"

Barry -

I'm in a similar situation, I guess.

I too have been hanging around Sourceforge, but in my case have hooked onto a
couple of projects, even if I feel I can't contribute what I want to contribute,
yet - in the hope that it will push me where I want to go. In my case, I'm
trying to wed my rediscovered interest in astronomy to my desire to push myself
in the realm of programming/Linux/Unix.

Another thing that has helped has been landing a couple of freelance editing
gigs. I've worked on books I probably "shouldn't have" been working on, but my
luck has been good: they've been -really good books- and that has helped push me
to get the knowledge I needed to be a good editor.

Me, I need to have an 'ulterior motive' to help get me through the stuff that,
on it's own, ain't that much fun to learn. That's what spurred me in learning
human languages ... I'm hoping it will work with computer languages!

Maybe not the best answer, but I didn't want to ignore your post! ;-)

Glenn Becker

--
This is not a signature