Re: Best plotting software?

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 07:00, Try KDE wrote:
> I'm looking for such a software that takes arrays of scientific data
> and spit out a gif file consisting of chart or pie picture (like what
> you'd often see on a benchmark site?). Any suggestions?

I used R for my thesis in astrophysics, it is a really good system, and
well package in Debian too (r-base etc). It is a huge statistics
system, though, so it may be overkill. But then, it doesn't take to
long to launch if you've got a good machine, and it is the only
scientific software you'll ever need (honestly, I fell so in love with
it I'd rather write thousands of lines of code for it than revert to
IDL which the rest of the Institute is using...)

Kjetil