Re: nvidia drivers

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 10:16:47AM -0500, Gianfranco Berardi wrote:
> Recently I tried to add USB support, but borked my system.
> I think I have everything working. About the only thing that wasn't
> working was the nvidia drivers.

If you changed kernels to `make it working again', then you also need to
recompile the nVidia drivers. When you compile them, they're made for
the current running kernel, and won't work on any other kernel you try
them on.

Alternatively, you may check with lsmod to see if the module NVdriver is
still loaded. If you didn't make it autoload on boot, you won't have the
NVdriver module integrated in your kernel, and hence, your nVidia
drivers won't work.

--
Mathias De Belder