Re: 3.0:Switching Video Card Drivers

geno said:
> What is the easiest way to change the video card driver (to a different
> one  on the disks) on an installed system?

if you know what driver you need the easiest and safest way is to
edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and change the driver

(sample)
[..]
Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Matrox"
    Driver      "mga"
    #VideoRam
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection
[..]
(end sample)

change Driver from mga to something else.

If your not certain what driver you need you can check the X
documentation..

for Xfree86 4.1.0 which is in stable the docs are here:
http://www.xfree86.org/4.1.0/RELNOTES4.html#14

if changing drivers involves more then just literally changing the
driver(e.g. changing configuration) then I reccomend running one
of the tools for doing it.. e.g.

X -configure
anXious
xf86config