Re: Where are the keys defined in X-windows?

Larry Alkoff <labradley@mindspring.com> [2002-10-15 16:38:43 -0500]:
> I would like to change some X-windows keys,
> especially the END and HOME keys which do not work at present.

They work fine for me.

> I do not wish to run the executable xmodmap - I want to edit the data file.

xmodmap is the program that you will use to load new keymaps.  So the
anser is yes, you want to run the xmodmap program.

> I changed /etc/inputrc but that didn't work.

That is a bash specific file to configure bash libreadline
capabilities.  It would not change the behavior of other programs.

Run the xkeycaps program.  That program is a gui to help you create a
configuration file which can then be loaded with xmodmap.

  apt-cache show xkeycaps
  apt-get install xkeycaps

Bob