Re: gui c/c++ programming

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:37:09PM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> So, can anyone point out what they think the best toolsets are for
> learning how to write GUI interfaces in C/C++?  So far I've found that
> Qt seems to have a lot geared towards the beginner.  Am I correct in
> that assumption?  I also like the fact that programs written in Qt are
> portable to other platforms.

I haven't done much Qt programming, but people seem to rave about how
neat the interface is.  Installing KDevelop might be the easiest way to
get started, since it's a full GUI IDE with a built in documentation for
the Qt docs and (IIRC) a GUI designer too.  Handles all the
autoconf/automake stuff too, making your programs even more portable.

Qt also has a whole bunch of demo programs in the qt-doc package.

-rob