Network trouble

Hello

Im experiencing problems with my network.

Im on a 100mbit switched lan and my new Debian 3.0 kernel 2.4.19 box won't download faster than 1.8MBps even though bonnie reports that the disk kan blockwrite @ more than 20MBps. I can upload from the same linux box at 10MBps.

I tried to use another NIC(intel 10/100) but its the same.
DMA is enabled on the idecontroller. Switch reports 100mbit full duplex.

My other two machines can use the network at 100mbit no problem. never had any trouble with my network untill now.

hardware:
VIA ITX C3 800mhz motherboard, integrated VIA RHINE lan.
384mb pc133 ram.
WD 80gb 7200rpm disk that can manage 100mbit up-down-load on a celeron 550 box.
Netgear 5port  switch

The server im trying to download from is a duron 1200mhz KT266a box with 3com 3c905c nic and the same disk model.

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp