Re: Sendmail and Return-Path rewriting

* On 15-10-02 at 21:56 Richard A Nelson (cowboy@debian.org) wrote:
+----Here quoted text begins----+
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Bostjan Muller wrote:
>
> > I have a machine, that runs sendmail, and recieves mail from UUCP users.
> > Whenever a mail is send to specific mail server the mail is rejected,
> > because our mail server creates Return-Path as uucp_host!user@domain.com
>
> Rejected based upon Return-Path ? What POS server is doing that - what
> is it running ?

mail01.ikea.com try that...
I saw the headers only place host!user@dom.ain was used was in
Return-path and the remote MX rejected it because it does not accept
host! infront of actual mail address.

> > I would need to get rid of the uucp_host! from the return-path header
> > for all mail send from this machine.
> > Does anyone know how to do this, it would really help me out.
> > (Please do not answer to change the MTA, since a higher force dissallows
> > me to :/ )
>
> hrm, do you perchance have FEATURE(`nouucp' [,...]) in your sendmail.mc ?
I don't remember, the config was allready there, and I did not create it
the first time.

+----and here the quote ends----+

Regards/Lep pozdrav

Boštjan Müller