Re: Postfix setup

also sprach Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> [2002.10.15.0608 +0200]:
> This is an _additional_ way of allowing clients to relay mail through
> you.  You don't need to specify your local network if you already
> allow other hosts within your domain to relay through you.

how does he do so? he just says he will accept mail for his domain. he
never said anything about relaying. he needs to set $my_networks if he
wants to relay.

> But you might find that people tend to have a lot of misconfigured
> PC's and this will allow *any* host on your network to relay through
> you no matter what domain the PC is sending mail for or on what domain
> the PC thinks it is in.  Personally I leave this off and force the
> cleanup of the problem on the PC but I am a pedantic.

don't allow relaying based on sender email addresses!

> I generally say yes to use procmail myself.  If you say no it does not
> mean that people cannot use procmail.  It just means they need to use
> the .forward file to pipe it through procmail explicitly.

but if you turn it on, .forward cannot be used anymore.

> > 7. Mailbox size limit: 100000
>
> After getting complaints about people sending power point
> presentations and pictures and other MIME encoded messages which are
> just over this limit I have increased mine from this 100KB limit to a
> 1MB instead.  Probably even 10MB would be fine today.  You need some
> limit and just need to pick something reasonable.

0 disabled it.

aside, this will only work if you don't use procmail for delivery, and
if you use mbox as the format in /var/mail.

`. `'`