Re: Setting up RAID

hi ya

for hardware or software raid... make sure it works properly...
	- pull the ide cable on one disk - see if you can boot from the
	other and vice versa
	- add a new virgin disk and see if it will resync all by itself

-----------

for hardware ide raid, if its not listed here, you might wanna think twice
about other hardware (ata) raid controllers
	- you'd be doing the testing .. :-)
	http://www.linux-ide.org/chipsets.html

----------

iirc, fastrack is promise' attempt at a hardware raid cotnroller ( dont
bother )
	-- worst still, dont even try the onboard raid w/ any of the
	motherboards

ultra133 or ultra100 ( $30 or less ) works great for software raid...

dell and hp's hw ata raid controllers seem to be okay... but you pay for
it too and they like to change "versions"

more raid stuff -- like raid commands
	http://www.1U-Raid5.net/HowTo/Commands.uhow2.txt

have fun
alvin