Re: Linux: a gentle, growing approach

On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 at 11:50am, Josh Rehman wrote:

:I want to master Linux. I figure there are two ways to learn Linux
:system administration and usage. The first is to install a distribution
:and then explore it's nooks and crannies. The second is to begin with a
:seed and *grow* the nooks and crannies as needed. The former method is
:overwhelmingly used; I'd like to see more of the latter, because it's
:the more effective approach for advanced studies.

Coincidentally, while looking at the Linux Documentation Project
yesterday, I ran across the Linux From Scratch Guide
(http://www.tldp.org/guides.html#lfs) which seems to take just this sort
of incremental approach to learning Linux.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*