Re: dual boot win2k and debian

IMHO, the setup command should be
grub> setup (hd0)
Then the grub stage1 file is located in the MBR of your hard disk. (hd0,0)
stands for the partition /dev/hda1, which is in your case the NTFS
partition. The command setup (hd0,0) will install grub in the "MBR" of
/dev/hda1, instead of /dev/hda. That's the reason why your W2K was
destroyed. Fortunately, you have command fixboot and fixmbr.

Good luck,

Qian