Re: dual boot win2k and debian

You should be able to do what you want.

It sounds like you are running grub-install from the Linux command line. While that ought to work, I recall reading in the grub doc that they recommend that you install it to the boot sector of your drive from the command line that you can get inside of grub when you boot off the grub floppy.

Doing the install from the grub command line while running grub as a normal Linux process definitely doesn't work.

Possibly there is some problem that grub has with the geometry of your drive because of your old bios. There may be something you can say to grub to deal with that, but I don't know what it would be.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/