Re: window-managers don't find their fonts

On 13/10/02 Hans Musil did speaketh:

> My X-server is running, but I can't start neither twm nor fvwm2. When
> putting "exec xterm" into my $HOME/.xsession, the xterm appears on the
> raw X-surface and ist usable.
>
> Trying to start fvwm2 ends in an error-message, saying that fvwm2
> doesn't find its default-font. At the other hand, "fslsfonts -server
> 'unix/:7100'" can find all fonts.

I don't use a font server myself. I just use the freetype module in X-4 to
pick up ttf fonts. If you type, xlsfonts, do you find a large font list? Do
you find the font it's complaining about?

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix