Re: linux abi

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 10:22:04PM +0200, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
> I was trying to run an SCO binary in woody (with 2.4bf24 kernel) and
> noticed that linux abi is neither enclosed in woody nor in sid.

Linux ABI?  The Linux ABI is a property of the kernel, not a package in
Debian.  I have no idea if it's possible to run an SCO Unix binary under
Linux at all...

I do have vague memories of some Intel x86 ABI compatibility layer or
something out there, but I don't even know if it exists or someone was
just thinking about it out loud.

So, uh, I'm not even sure if I understand what it is your looking for,
but I'll jog someone elses' memory.

-rob