SFS (was :Re: Allowing NFS ...))

On Saturday 12 October 2002 14:52, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 200210112333.34939.kjetil@kjernsmo.net>,

> Or you run something other than NFS, say sfs. See http://www.fs.net/
> This is probably the easiest and most elegant solution.

Yeah, that is _very_ interesting. I've installed it on my workstation now, so
I can check it out. Just one concern: My server is a Pentium PRO 180 MHz with
96 MB RAM (that's quite sufficient for a mail and web server, but I can see
that it is on the brink with the traffic I'm getting), so how will it perform
on such a small box? The reason why I'm asking is that it required more than
that to compile. Fortunately, I don't need to do that, as it is beautifully
packaged! :-) )

Best,

Kjetil