Re: Anyone??? HP USB DVD+RW for Woody

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 06:31:20PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 17:31, Dave Thayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 06:54:58AM -0700, Jack Pistachio wrote:
> [snip]
> > In 2.4.19 usb 2.0 is supported for cards using the NEC usb 2.0
> > chipset. This includes most of the cheap aftermarket cards.  You need
> > to use the ehci driver (CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD). With my archos recorder
>
> Great!!  Is there any way (google keywords, maybe) that one could
> find out which cards have the NEC chipset?

Well, I bought mine locally, and I honestly don't remember if it said
so on the box or if I coud make out the NEC logo on the picture on the
front or if I just planned on using it in a windows box if it didn't
work! The photos on the various brands of adapters all appeared to use
the same basic design and therefore probably all used the same chipset.
(This was in early May, 2002).

One thing you absoulutely want to look at is the new usb2 page at
linux-usb.org <http://www.linux-usb.org/usb2.html>. This has a ton of
useful information just added this month.

HTH
dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all